Intel Atom

Brad Midgley bmidgley at
Thu Aug 14 05:55:56 CEST 2008

I've heard the support chips for atom have not been optimized for
saving power yet, so it may be another generation before atom +
chipset + solid state drive will be within any kind of reasonable
power budget for a handheld.

If they haven't already, they also need to engineer an instant wakeup
(acpi suspend/resume is abysmal)