Qualcomm Snapdragon? (Re: Intel Atom )

David Pottage david at electric-spoon.com
Thu Aug 14 10:22:43 CEST 2008

On Thu, August 14, 2008 4:25 am, Urivan Saaib wrote:
> What about the QC Snapdragon?

<snip>

Qualcomm have a history of being a very litigious company. Just look at
their ongoing litigation with Nokia over CDMA patents. I would be worried
that if we got on the wrong side of them, they would sue OpenMoko faster
than you can say "software patent".

With someone like Qualcomm, I would want all the drivers and all the docs
under a GPL license before I would consider them, preferably GPL-3 with
it's even stronger protections against software patents and similar
tactics.

--
David Pottage

Error compiling committee.c To many arguments to function.