GPRS under FSO [Was: Re: What could be done to improve the OM development process?]
sears at cs.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 14 21:20:30 CEST 2008
There are a bunch of manual steps right now:
- openmoko-mediaplayer is hardcoded to use pulseaudio. Switching to
alsa is a one-line change.
- the mediaplayer theme files need to live in the Raleigh directory
not in Moko
- There's some dependency on a openmoko sound system. I don't know
what it does, or if it's needed.
- I pulled packages out of my mokomakefile, and installed them using opkg
- there are lots of pulseaudio dependencies to be removed, so I used
opkg --force-depends to install the mediaplayer package.
Some of the packages may be unnecessary / cause breakage.
My home server is down at the moment, so I don't have anywhere to stick
the modified binary... I'll figure out what's going on with it and post
better directions and the binary tonight.
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 10:08 (-0700), Russell Sears wrote:
>> Anyway, [music|gps] + gprs + phone seem to play nice in FSO. (I hacked
>> up a openmoko-mediaplayer package.
> Would you provide that to us? I'd like to use it, too.
> Openmoko community mailing list
> community at lists.openmoko.org
More information about the community