Is Neo1973 truly abandoned?

Brad Midgley bmidgley at
Fri Aug 15 00:59:29 CEST 2008

>> Note that the Neo 1973 can not currently run the OM 2008.8 software
>> (the latest release), and that there are no immediate plans to make
>> that happen.

This move would also cut the developer base down significantly.
Openmoko seeded the community with a lot of neo1973 devices and that
(big) investment can only continue to bear fruit if they keep it

I'm writing an app for several platforms myself and OM would drop from
2nd to 5th in the list of priority if I had to buy a FR now.