GPRS under FSO [Was: Re: What could be done to improve the OM development process?]

Russell Sears sears at
Fri Aug 15 20:21:44 CEST 2008

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Freitag 15 August 2008 09:02:42 schrieb Russell Sears:
>> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
>>> Cool.
>>> Please add a ticket.
>> Where?
>> I just added a bunch of FSO tickets to ""
>> which has an "FSO" option in the milestone pulldown menu.  Then I found
>> ""
> Hmm, ok. I'll remember these. In the future, until there's a software that
> includes the framework, I'd rather like to see the bugs in

Maybe the openmoko trac should document this, by adding the following
sentence to the "create new ticket" page:

"Problems with the FSO framework and images should be reported to the trac"

"trac" should link to ""

Are there other trac's that bug reporters should know about?  Also, I
hit a bug involving the events thread and avahi-daemon on an FSO image.
  Where does that go?  I ask so the answer can be documented on the
'create new ticket page' or somewhere on the wiki... ;)

>> However, they're still both CPU hogs...  I've been looking into the ogg
>> stuff a bit.  I think the first step is to update the ivorbis package.
> Ok. I try to find someone to look into that.

Great!  Though getting oprofile working (as a easy-to-install package)
is a higher priority IMHO.  Needing to move ivorbis to some combination
of low-mem, tremolo and low-accuracy mode is my best guess, but it could
be that gstreamer is doing something silly to oggs, but not mp3s, or
some other strange problem...

for ogg stuff, and

for problems with IPC and arm's synchronization primitives.)

Also, for packages like ivorbis, which repository / distribution should
people repackage for?  Is angstrom upstream of everyone else?  Is there
a URL/wikipage somewhere?  I spent a few hours with the wiki trying to
answer this question for openmoko-mediaplayer2 last night...