Debian on the FreeRunner -- now official

Joachim Breitner nomeata at
Fri Aug 15 22:48:13 CEST 2008

Am Freitag, den 15.08.2008, 22:31 +0200 schrieb arne anka:
> > The feeds are for the debian system if I understand you right.
> > But how do I install these packages without beeing able to boot debian
> > from
> > the sd card ? Should I install that in the openmoko flash image
> > (currently
> > 2008.08)?
> the tools are to be used on your host computer, i think.

Correct. The pkg-fso feed works both on i386 and armel, and the
fso-utils package makes also sense on i386, for the remote flashing. It
maybe also works from the phone itself (see the unused “uboot” stage of, but I had weird problems. Bold people with a craze for
debugging are welcome to make that work.

Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata at | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Keyid: 4743206C
  JID: nomeata at |