Debian on the FreeRunner -- now official

Joachim Breitner nomeata at
Sat Aug 16 00:28:37 CEST 2008

Am Freitag, den 15.08.2008, 23:52 +0200 schrieb Dariusz Łuksza:
> On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 22:58:10 +0200
> "arne anka" <openmoko at> wrote:
> > > E: System is not claiming to be an armv4tl.  Are you sure that this
> > > is your Openmoko FreeRunner (GTA02)?
> >
> > well, you're apparently speaking of something else.
> > the fso-utils package from the apt-lines given in the debian-wiki
> > resolve to x86 and amd64.

> i try install debian for FreeRunner on my desktop (which is running
> under gentoo) on flash card, and get such error, maybe there is some
> miss understanding of problem case.

Sorry, this is not supported by the script, it’s meant to be ran on an
image running on the phone. has some
notes on installing it on your desktop, but of course a lot has to be
done manually.

Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata at | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Keyid: 4743206C
  JID: nomeata at |