Debian on the FreeRunner -- now official

Risto H. Kurppa risto at
Sat Aug 16 10:55:40 CEST 2008

The PIN input seems to hang the phone: you need to run this patch and restart:

To install it you need to install package patch

I had my apt-get segfaulting on install or upgrade, for example:

debian-gta02:~# apt-get install gpsd tangogps
Reading package lists... Done
Segmentation faulty tree... 50%

You solve this by
rm /var/cache/apt/*.bin

- but for some reason it seems to be segfaulting soon again, but I was
able to install nano and patch and now this GPS stuff

So now people, let's write a page that lists some cool (read:
recommended or so..) apps that you can run on debian here :)