Replacing the Openmoko Touchscreen
openmoko-comunity at avee.org
Mon Aug 18 13:51:34 CEST 2008
On Wednesday 13 August 2008 23:29, John Koenig wrote:
> Is it possible to remove the touchscreen from its mounting on the
> GTA02? Visually it looks possible, but it certainly doesn't seem to
> want to come out easily.
Did you actually manage to get a new sceen yet? I #%(!@$@#)$#%)!@~! dropped my
freerunner on the pavement which broke the screen.
Please keeps us updated if you are actually going to repair your freerunner.
I'm not very keen on getting a whole new freerunner just because the screen
is broken. Anyone around with a GTA01 to get rid off or a freerunner which is
broken in some other way?
If that doesn't work i'll have to find some use for a 400Mhz low power debian
A few lessons learned during my holiday:
- The freerunner does work at altitudes above 2000m.
- It will also work fine at speeds around 180 km/h...
- ...but operating the touchscreen while driving isn't that easy.
- (Up to ~140Km/h the speedometer of my car is remarkably accurate).
- Just a heading towards your destination is generally quite usefull...
- ...but less usefull when there's a huge mountain inbetween.
- You can only use it as just GPS for more around 6 hours.
- A nokia BL-5C makes a fine spare battery.
- A toothpick is perfectly useable as a styles, cheaper to replace as well.
- An cheapo usb car charger will happily charge at 1 amp.
- You can drag it up and down a few mountains without problems.
- You will break it during a 'save' trip to a nice old village...
Q) Which came first, the multithreaded chicken or the multithreaded egg?
A) They came at the same time, but the multithreaded chicken terminated first.
More information about the community