full-keyboard for Om 2008.08? -> SOLVED ?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Tue Aug 19 02:56:24 CEST 2008

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 07:29:32 -0700 (PDT) "Marcel \"MadJo\" de Jong"
<mdejong at gmail.com> babbled:

> Indeed, I too found out that the keyboard in default 2008.8 is only "plain
> english", but I'm Dutch, and most of my texts would be in Dutch as well. So
> that makes that keyboard less than functional for me.

in ASU (2008.08) you hav the qtopia keyboard - not illume. they are
surprisingly similar in default mode. illume's has 2 menus (top left/right)
top-left is for selecting word matches and changing dictionary files, the
top-right for selecting keyboard layout. slide down for enter, up to switch
layouts left for backspace and right for "finish word, select default match and
add a space". that's illume's keyboard and it's used in FSO. 2008.08 is another

(illume's keyboard allows you to create your own custom layouts, add lots of
keys with accented characters, write your own flat-files for dictionaries etc.).

so the problem is there is a huge volume of confusion regarding "keyboards"
right now.