GPRS working / gsm0710mux (works now for me)
BeniSchindler at gmx.de
Tue Aug 19 19:42:05 CEST 2008
some corrections on my own mail.
first off all it works now for me.
second, it's not an update that causes the problem.... it is not to
the whole howto on freeyourphone.de is written for the
2008/8/12 xaos x <xaos at xaositects.com>:
> > I actually finally got it working by using the article from freeyourphone that uses the multiplexing package.
> > http://freeyourphone.de/portal_v1/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=295&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=dda5c6cbf5850182c786488123f056ce
> > It will receive calls and make calls while connected to GPRS using this setup.
> > -Tom
it is not for an Om2008.8. the only reason why it worked for some people was, that they used the buildhost feeds again.
(What is absolutly the wrong thing to do ! - But i did it too in the first time)
So for them it all works fine.
Now i have the correct feeds, and the howto doesn't work anymore.
That is because of a different version of the gsm0710muxd application.
The howto works fine also with Om2008.8.
You just have to install these package before you use the howto from freeyourphone:
opkg -force-depends install
Attention: just use this package, and no other packages from this host!
This host is normaly not compatible with the Om2008.8 !!!
have a nice time with gprs until the offical gprs is comming up soon.
the mokoservice.py doesn't work for me.
i use "gprson && gprsqison" to get into it.
sometimes it doesn't work on the first time, and i have to try it a
litle bit later again.
Benedikt Schindler schrieb:
> ok. i found out, that a upgrade from gsm0710mux is the problem.
> they now have a different service name for the "muxer".
> it isn't "org.pyneo.muxer" anymore it's now "org.mobile.mux".
> you could edit "/etc/X11/Xsession.d/89qtopia" so it uses the new term,
> (and also the "/usr/bin/gprson" script)
> or add an additional service file to /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/
> root at om-gta02:~# cat
> [D-BUS Service]
> But now i have the problem that i get this errors in my log:
> Aug 16 22:26:45 om-gta02 user.notice root: Waiting for pid: 1545
> Aug 16 22:26:47 om-gta02 user.notice root: ficgta01hardware plugin
> Aug 16 22:26:48 om-gta02 user.notice root: Modem : opening serial
> device "/dev/ttySAC0" at 115200
> Aug 16 22:26:48 om-gta02 user.notice root: Modem : Device:
> "/dev/ttySAC0" is a tty device: True
> Aug 16 22:26:48 om-gta02 user.notice root: Modem : NONBLOCK
> successfully reset
> Aug 16 22:26:48 om-gta02 user.notice root: Modem : Opened "/dev/ttySAC0"
> Aug 16 22:26:48 om-gta02 user.notice root: Modem : querying multiplexer
> plugin "ficgta01multiplex"
> Aug 16 22:26:48 om-gta02 user.notice root: AtChat : T : "^Z"
> Aug 16 22:26:58 om-gta02 user.notice root: Mux : *** mux setup timed
> out ***
> Aug 16 22:26:58 om-gta02 user.notice root: AtChat : T : "^Z"
> [last two lines repeat until a exit of the programm]
> I think the "T" should be an "AT". so i try some different "gsm0710mux"
> maybe i found something that works.
> cu later
> [btw: answers from could have some delay, because i am on vacation and
> i don't have often internet without my gprs working on the freerunner.]
More information about the community