configuring uboot from the phone Re: Debian on the FreeRunner -- now official

Joachim Breitner nomeata at
Wed Aug 20 22:02:43 CEST 2008

Am Mittwoch, den 20.08.2008, 19:30 +0530 schrieb Vikas Saurabh:
> Attached is another version of This version can
> 'only' be run from inside booted freerunner (requires fso-utils which
> debian already has).
> Maybe, the choice of external execution or execution from inside
> debian be a parameter to the script....but I am just too lazy :)

I have had this code already in the installer script, but had problems
when testing it: uBoot seemed to be confused by the environment,
sometimes it read garbage instead of the first few bytes (the rest was

So please test Vikas script, if it works reliably for you. If noone has
problems, I’d prefer this method integrated into the installation over
the remote one.

Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata at | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Keyid: 4743206C
  JID: nomeata at |