Extended battery pack

Korbinian Rosenegger kroseneg at schmidham.net
Thu Aug 21 05:15:48 CEST 2008

Hi community :)

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 12:31 +1000, Robert William Hutton wrote:
> In order to use TangoGPS over extended periods, I created myself an
> extended battery pack for the Neo FreeRunner from bits and pieces I had
> lying around.  Check out my blog post for instructions:
> http://helms-deep.cable.nu/~rwh/blog/?p=42

Nice project, power everywhere where you can get AA batteries :)

For those who don't want to build a battery pack or who are just to lazy
to do that, here's a small rechargeable USB power pack, 2000mAh capacity
and 1000mA output current, for 18,50 Euro:

And another one from APC, with similar specifications, but higher output
current and an included USB charger, for 46,95 Euro:

I guess Reichelt is only interesting for Germany since you have to order
at least for 150 Euro otherwise, and also shipping will be more
expensive, but I'm sure you can find these or similar products in other

Happy Freerunning :)

cu Korbi