Debian on the FreeRunner -- now official

clare johnstone claregj at
Thu Aug 21 05:55:56 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata at> wrote:
> Hi,
> Illume needs the latest enlightment libraries, so we can package it as
> soon as the next e snapshot enters Debian. This will happen after the
> CVS→SVN change of e, AFAIK.
> Until then, you can use the AUX button to fire up a keyboard and then
> press Alt-Ctrl-X to get an xterm and Alt-Tab to switch between
> application. This is all a Debian user needs, right :-)

And then there will be a Window manager? and the above quick and easy
system will be gone??
I suppose it is a waste of the Aux button, but compared with Debian
startup on the
GTA01 it is a wonderful new world.

(who really likes the simple and primitive - and fast)