Debian on the FreeRunner -- a few questions/solutions

Aapo Rantalainen aapo.rantalainen at
Fri Aug 22 12:32:17 CEST 2008

Hi, Dabian has old matchbox-keyboard but there are newer and better
working version too. e.g. you can put <shifted display="/"/>

I do not know is this The Latest version and I do not know how to use
svn, but this way you can grab 40Mb matchbox code and there are
matchbox-keyboard-folder too. This is only folder you need (if you are
interested in only matchbox-keyboard).

svn checkout

And there are patch that allows you change layout on the fly.
It is splitted in to five files. And the last one need manual tweaking.
Then you can map a button to layout changer <default display="123"

One of patch files uses different p-value.

patch -p1 < fix-util-list-logic.patch
patch -p0 < add-multi-layout-support.patch
patch -p1 < add-get-all-layouts.patch
patch -p1 < move-base_alloc_foo-to-layout.patch
patch -p1 < make-base-alloc-foo-layout-specific.patch

I merged them all:

Ready compiled binary for freerunner/debian

And one example layout. At this moment basic finnish+crap numpad.

And more things that I do not know. What is matchbox-keyboard that Om
2008.8 uses.

layout switcher looks like this:
<default display="[->]" action="modifier:layout"/>

-Aapo Rantalainen