Several questions about ASU

julien cubizolles j.cubizolles at
Fri Aug 22 19:18:24 CEST 2008

Le vendredi 22 août 2008 à 17:14 +0100, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra a
écrit :
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 04:34:19PM +0200, julien cubizolles wrote:
> > ASU is finally usable as a phone for me, and I'm ready to use it as my
> > default image instead of Qtopia but I have several questions.
> I have one for you, how did you get it to be finally usable as a phone?
> I mean what steps did you do, because I haven't found it usable yet!

1. Flash raster's image (found at to NAND (couldn't get it to
work on the µSD) according to This image
has the wonderful keyboard.

2. Add zecke's testing repository : create a /etc/opkg/updates.conf

src/gz daily-all-updates
src/gz daily-armv4t-updates
src/gz daily-neo1973-updates
src/gz daily-om-gta02-updates

3. Get the network running, opkg update, opkg upgrade (for a while) and
you're good to go.

> Either I did something wrong or we just have different usability demands :)
Can make/receive calls/sms. Suspends and wakes up fine, GPS working with
a SDCard inserted... I don't ask for much more at the moment.