Debugging Dialer (Re: Can't get the phone registered (ticket #1766))

Alexander Menk alex.menk at
Fri Aug 22 21:50:15 CEST 2008

julien cubizolles wrote:
 > Le vendredi 22 août 2008 à 18:11 +0200, Alexander Menk a écrit :
 >> I did like suggested in
 >> (but replaced om2008.8-dev by om2008.8-testing) after freshly flashing
 >> the Om 2008 kernel and rootfs image.
 > I did basically the same except that I started by flashing raster's
 > image (from and the phone
 > isn't slower than before.

how can I debug the dialer?

I now did the same as Julien. (raster's image + zecke testing opkg
update, opkg upgrade) I'm using GTA02 (is anybody still using GTA01 here?)

As written in #1766 registering to GSM works now and I can make calls.

But something is really wrong - the dialer application is extermly slow.
I touch a number... and 37 seconds later it appears.

Did anybody experince the same?
"opkg update" displayed many missing packages - could this be the reason
or is it normal?