QtGps for Trolltechs Qtopia

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sat Aug 23 05:07:34 CEST 2008

Lorn Potter wrote:
> Jim Morris wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I ported the xgps program from the gpsd dist, to Qtopia (Trolltechs)
>> as there was no GPS there yet and of course no X11 programs run on it.
>> It is still a bit crude, but it works, and lets you at least see if
>> your GPS works or not :)
>> It is for testing like the OM one was for.
>> Attached is the source and binary, if you have Qtopia, just copy the
>> binary qtgps to your FR, and run it from the file manager or terminal.
>> (I'll figure out how to package it soon).
> no attachment, mate!

Yea it turns out if you add an attachment it goes for moderator approval.
It can be downloaded from here...

Hey Lorn I'd be really interested in your opinion of the code, as my Qt programming is very rusty.

One thing I was going to do was run the gps code in a thread so the UI comes up faster.

Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com