Can't get the phone registered (ticket #1766)

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at
Sat Aug 23 10:04:53 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 7:22 AM, Xavier Vens <xavier.vens at> wrote:

> I had the same problem with the image
>, but after adding the testing
> branch of<> i can dialout/receiving
> calls/ receiving system sms from provider voicemail/ receiving normal
> sms from friends.
> 1 i have installed the images from
> (20080815)
> 2 i deleted files in the /var/lib/opkg folder
> 3 create the zecke.conf file in /etc/opkg (om2008.8-testing)
> 4 opkg update
> 5 opkg upgrade and reboot
> 6 started the dialer, entring my pin code
> it's works well, now let's see the stability ;)
I am using the stock om2008.8 images, and with both zecke-dev and
zecke-testing repos, I'm getting errors like the following while doing opkg
upgrade (after opkg update) for a lot of packages/libraries:

Failed to download qtopia-phone-x11-taskmanager-app-data.  Perhaps you need
to run 'opkg update'?

What am I doing wrong?  And why doesn't somebody test basic phone functions
before publishing a 'stable' release?