Debian: alternating white and splash screen [was:Debian error when run under Qtopia]

Ganesha Krishna ganesh.krishna at
Sat Aug 23 16:50:48 CEST 2008

    I got thru Debian install. Installed uBoot menu as suggested on
Debian wiki. After reboot I see an alternating white screen and
openmoko splash screen. The FR seems to continuously reset. I was able
to get into NAND/NOR boot menu with the button combinations during
this behaviour.

I found one reference to same problem in the archives
Sadly there was no further info.

here is what I saw when I did a "boot" from NAND boot-menu

cmd 0x8 arg 0x1aa flags 0x75
error after cmd: 0xfffffffc

(had to boot many times to see all that info, not sure about the
number of 'f' s in the cmd. thought it would be a 32 bit command.)

Greatly appreciate any pointers or links.