Sold out aaaah

Charles Pax charles.pax at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 03:17:16 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Shawn Thompson <
mokowatch at projektenterprises.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:51 AM, carmen r <_ at whats-your.name>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri Aug 22, 2008 at 12:42:19PM -0600, Jeff Sadowski wrote:
>> > http://us.direct.openmoko.com/products/neo-freerunner
>> > Maybe by the time I get a chance to buy one they will have enough
>> > processor power, ram and disk space to replace my laptop.
>> > Every time I even look to buy it I see the "sold out".
>>
>> i believe the strategy is to order from a local distributor
>>
>> eg Koolu for north america
>>

> The problem with ordering from Koolu is that there may be taxes or duty at
> the border that you wouldn't know about until the order is placed. I want to
> order mine but I'm afraid they'd charge a premium at the border to let it
> through.

The guy running the New York sales group stated the following in regard to
out ten pack.

"The analyst for this section (8517.12.00) [1] at US Customs confirms there
is no duty on cell phone imports from Canada and most everywhere else. Some
'processing charge' may be asessed by the USPS but it will not be more than
a few dollars."

[1] http://www.faqs.org/rulings/tariffs/85171200.html

I'm no expert, but it should be free from tariffs.

-Charles