Debian on the FreeRunner -- a few questions/solutions

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at
Mon Aug 25 15:24:26 CEST 2008

I also use /dev/ttySAC1.
I just activated the gps with the new openmoko-panel, than put the agps
data from ublox into the chip and started tangogps (version from debian
I got a quite fast fix from the gps and tangogps shows me the location
and i can use it. I didn't try a longer tangogps session, but for a
short test it works good. :)

Michele Renda wrote:
> Fox Mulder wrote:
>> Thats a good question. But i tried the gps with tangogps and it works
>> quide good. So i think the fix is already implemented.
>> But maybe it only works good because i used the agps utility from the
>> mokoservicescripts which requests the gps data for my position and feeds
>> the agps chip with it to get a faster fix. ;)
> Realy? You was able to use tangogps?
> Can you tell to me what port you used to reconfigure gpsd?
> I used /dev/ttySAC1 but I had no success!, so I was thinking I hadn't
> the fix :)

Openmoko community mailing list
community at