Chancing SIM card without reboot

Fredrik Wendt fredrik at
Mon Aug 25 16:16:12 CEST 2008

Just wanted to know if I'd damage the hardware by doing:

0. Connect FR to computer using USB cable.
1. Turn on FR (FSO-testing), fire up zhone.
2. Open FR, remove battery, open SIM pocket, change SIM card, replace
battery, replace back cover - all while the FR is running off power from

In Sweden we have three GSM network operators (those with licenses to
actually put GSM equipment to use) and having to wait 3-4 minutes after
each SIM change really kills productivity and flow ...

/ Fredrik