AXFS filesystem for NOR

Tilman Baumann tilman at
Tue Aug 26 16:44:59 CEST 2008

What is the NOR flash used for in Freerunner?

I don't know if it is worth it, but i always wanted to have a execution
in place memory scheme on my embedded devices.
There it is:

Only makes sense in NOR (the XIP part). But maybe we can speed up things
(and save RAM) by putting some base system stuff in NOR with a XIP scheme?
Problem, i have no idea what the NOR part is used for in Freerunners.
Maybe it is all not worth talking about. :)

PS: I accidentally sent this mail from my other account. The list did
not take it.