Toggling keyboard layouts in 2008.8 update

Alex Fitzpatrick agfitzp.openmoko at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 10:53:24 CEST 2008

Yorick Moko wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:01 AM, Alex Fitzpatrick
> <agfitzp.openmoko at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I found enter! I can die happy now... Enter is last character on the
>> symbols "page"
>>
>> --
>> Alex
>>

> hehe,
> I think you will have a spontaneous orgasm when you discover Raster's
> keyboard :)

I tried that out a few weeks ago when 2008.8 first crash landed ... very
nice! But it randomly failed and was replaced with the qtopia one. (As
discussed in list and in Trac)

We really need to find a way to allow users to really choose ... there
are some places where the predictive text works nicely... like SMS ...
but there are lots of places where that full qwerty keyboard is more
effective... like typing URLs. Having to choose one over the other by
hacking configurations is bloody silly.

As users we want the sun the moon and the stars and we want them
yesterday... with extra cheese! (And blackjack... and hookers!)

--
Alex