WLAN troubles

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 11:33:58 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 26 August 2008, Derick Rethans wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I received my freerunner last weekend, and liking it sofar. I've had a
> play with wifi - and although the freerunning sees the networks just
> fine (with iwlist eth0 scan) and I can connect to the network as well -
> I get a DHCP lease, with nameservers and all, the route is correct too.
> However, I can't do any sort of connection - nor ping. I've looked
> around on the wiki and list archives, but I can't find why it is not
> working. Does any of you have any hint at were to look at to debug this
> issue?
>
> regards,
> Derick

As others have said, the problem is probably routing. If both usb0 and eth0
are on the same subnet then you will have problems. you can fix it by
fiddling with the routing, but it is probably easier just to use 'ifdown
usb0' before you start the wifi connection, and 'ifup usb0' when you need to
use the usb connection, while the wifi isn't connected.