Partitioning 4GB with the Debian Installer

Greg Bonett greg at
Wed Aug 27 23:29:02 CEST 2008

Stefan Fröbe wrote:
> Depends on what you call straight-forward: you can search for
> glamo_mci.sd_max_clk , a description can for instance be found at
> :

> Basically you need to set this variable in the u-boot environment - I
> reduced it even down to 5000000 , but more might also work - ymmv.
> Whether setting this through /sys parameter works I do not know - does
> anyone know?

Alright, I edited my uboot environment so that /proc/cmdline reads:

> glamo_mic.sd_max_clk=5000000 rootfstype=jffs2 root=/dev/mtdblock6
console=ttySAC2,115200 console=tty0 loglevel=4 regular_boot

but when I run './install all' I still get:

Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information:
Warning, had trouble writing out superblocks.done

if I try './install mount' I get:

Running stage mount
Mounting the newly created system
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mmcblk0p2,
       missing codepage or other error
       dmesg | tail  or so

'dmesg | tail' reads:

end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 19752
end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 19760
end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 19768
end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 19776
end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 19784
glamo-mci glamo-mci.0: Error after cmd: 0x8020
mmcblk0: error -110 sending read/write command
end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 15682
EXT2-fs: unable to read superblock

Any ideas?  Thanks for the help.

Also, if I just end up partitioning this from my desktop machine, should
I make a 8mb ext2 and the rest ext3?

- -Greg

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -