Debian Install failure: Hash Sum Mismatch

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 12:51:17 CEST 2008

I've set the clock speed down and, after a couple of attempts, I
managed to get all stages of the install script to complete. When
trying to boot, however, I am told that I've got an incorrect magic
number and am kicked backed to the u-boot screen. I assumed I had an
old u-boot (it's never been updated since it left the
pre-mass-production production line) but the latest version gives the
same result. It's reported as:

root at om-gta02:~# grep Bootloader /dev/mtdblock1
Neo1973 Bootloader U-Boot 1.3.2-moko12
root at om-gta02:~# grep  Bootloader /dev/mtdblock0
Neo1973 Bootloader U-Boot 1.3.2-rc2-dirty-moko12

Although, is this the latest? Yes, I know there's a lot on the lists
about u-boot already, but please somebody take pity on me ;)

The latest u-boot version according to
http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/ReleaseCycle is 1.3.4; 1.3.2 was
released on 09 Mar 2008 and the Debian wiki lists success with the
"latest version" released on 2008-08-05.

Off topic, but there does seem to be a problem on the wiki about
finding out release dates and version numbers - it takes a lot to stay
on top of it all.

Any ideas about my current problem would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Joseph