Email notification by VoIP. Was: Re: Om2008.8: execute script on incoming call

Brock awwaiid at
Thu Aug 28 18:23:31 CEST 2008

On 2008., Ole Kliemann wrote:
| I think it depends on the amount of mail and what you want to do. I
| thought of it as a kind of MMS replacement. The ability to send larger
| messages with possible multimedia content and having immediate
| notification.

Another idea is to do the same thing with SMS. I know there are
email->SMS gateways.... so the phone wakes up on SMS then does a pull of
whatever you want. Could be used for all sorts of "push" like things.