ASU / om2008.8 - opkg upgrade failed - can't ssh into the phone

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at
Thu Aug 28 23:17:20 CEST 2008

I am running ASU / Om2008.8 on my Neo FR, using these repositories:
src/gz daily-all-updates
src/gz daily-armv4t-updates
src/gz daily-om-gta02-updates

 I did an 'opkg update' today, followed by an 'opkg upgrade'. The
qtopia-x11 package upgrade failed for some reason (it couldn't
download the package), but all else succeeded.
So I rebooted the phone:
Now I get:
tingo at kg-home:~$ ssh root at om-gta02.local
ssh: connect to host om-gta02.local port 22: Connection refused

Obviously the sshd isn't running fr some rason.
The screen on the FR is in console (text) mode, and there is no
keyboard (on screen or otherwise) that I know.

Is there a way to fix this without reflashing the kernel and / or rootfs?

Torfinn Ingolfsen