Folders in application launcher?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at
Fri Aug 29 01:49:39 CEST 2008

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 19:44:54 +0200 Linus Gasser <ineiti at>

> Hello,
> I'm running now the Openmoko2008.08 version on the Freerunner and begin
> to be very happy with it. For the moment there is one thing I don't see
> how to do:
> - How to make folders in the application launcher?
> I installed quite a number of games (to convince my wife that the price
> of the phone is correct ;), but they clog up the application-launcher
> (or whatever the first screen that comes up is called). I'd like to put
> them into a "Game"-folder. But simply making a folder (mkdir) doesn't
> work. Any ideas?

basically.. in theory all the nuts and bolts are there as the launcher is e's
filemanager widget - but you have
1. no way to go to a parent dir
2. the "dir" it creates and fills with symlinks to .desktop files is managed by
the code thus you don't have a lot of choice there.

so as such - really.. you can't do it. it's a simple launcher.

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster at>