some hardware suggestions

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at
Fri Aug 29 14:26:33 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Nishit Dave <stargazer.dave at> wrote:
> Would you prefer "aaah...thanks for using me as your phone", or "life, don't
> talk on me about it" modes?

I was listening to Fit the First and Fit the Second yesterday and
today, but both modes don't 'do it' for me...

I'd rather have a mode that... just works.

This is where location-aware (preferably in 4D) comes in. "Hey, you're
close to the supermarket, and it's open, and you need (these)
groceries". All this preferably e-spoken, ofcourse...

This is where a _good_ OpenStreetMap comes in. You'll need a map that
is as correct as possible, and with as many POI's on it as possible.
Get your government to open up its road database. It's already being
done in Europe, and the USA has already donated its Tiger database as

Christ van Willegen
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0