ASU keyboards

Yorick Moko yorickmoko at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 21:04:25 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 3:07 PM, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler
<raster at openmoko.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 20:56:34 +0800 John Lee <john_lee at openmoko.com> babbled:
>
>> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:59:53AM +1000, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
>> >
>> > ok. i suck. i have screwed this defsault_profile monkey. 1 last time for the
>> > dummies (i.e. - me).
>> >
>> > 1. opkg install illume-config-illume (get illume's config panel and illume
>> > keyboard by default - this should be available)
>> > 2. opkg install illume-config (get qwery button)
>> > 2. echo 'E_PROFILE="-profile illume"' > /etc/enlightenment/default_profile
>> > (switch to the illume profile from asu)
>> > 3. reboot (easiest way to get your x session going again as the
>> > default_profile is a command-line hack). :)
>> >
>> > that should do it!

I did:
1. opkg install illume-config-illume (it's in testing)
2. opkg install illume-config (I already had that one)
3. echo 'E_PROFILE="-profile illume"' > /etc/enlightenment/default_profile
4. added export QTOPIA_NO_VIRTUAL_KEYBOARD=1 in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/89qtopia
3. reboot

result:
no keyboard :)
the qwerty button still is there but does nothing when pressed,
and no keyboard auto-pops-up

somebody on IRC also had this same problem