GSoC OpenMoko Bluetooth remote controller - now with Gestures

Yorick Moko yorickmoko at
Fri Aug 29 21:21:22 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Valerio Valerio <vdv100 at> wrote:
> Hi,
> a ReMoko package with ability to send events through gestures (Paul's daemon
> - is available now in:
> Installation and usage instructions can be reached in this page:
> The gestures daemon is a little bit heavy right now (about 20% cpu usage),
> so the ReMoko mouse profile (heavy too) will slow down a little bit if you
> have more program running one the phone, just the warning :)
> I will appreciate a lot if someone in the community make a video using
> ReMoko (mouse, keyboard and gestures controlling for example a slideshow or
> Amarok), I can't upload a video now because I only have internet access by a
> limited data plan :) (3g card).
> I appreciate some feedback, specially from people that can test the app with
> Windows Vista and Mac OSX.
> --
> Valério Valério

When it can't connect to anything it just keeps stating "Waiting for
connection" on Om2008.8-upgrade I can not close it. Closing it by
pressing on the cross or in the topbar does not work. Killall remoko
also has no effect; nor does killal python; I have to killall -9

I have only one bluetooth enabled device nearby: my ps3.
I go to manage bluetooth devices and let it scan and then I start
remoko. It never finds the phone, while it does find the carkit of my
mother when she parks right outside.
What do I need to do to make it work?
(if you need some more info, just ask and I'll happily provide it)