Mokomakefile

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Sat Aug 30 09:17:35 CEST 2008

Marek Lindner wrote:
> On Saturday, 30. August 2008 14:08:48 Rod Whitby wrote:
>> I'm still waiting for Openmoko to decide which branch they are using, so
>> I can advise people how to build Om2008.8 properly using MokoMakefile.
>
> The decision is made. Julian tried to explain it before but I can try it
> again:
>

>> It used to be org.openmoko.asu.stable, but then someone from openmoko
>> said they were going to concentrate on org.openmoko.dev instead.
>
> org.openmoko.asu.stable is the current stable branch on which we base our
> releases. We will continue to provide updates/fixes to make it work more
> reliably.

OK, can you describe *exactly* how you built that released image and how
you build those updates/fixes, so that others can replicate.

The level of detail found in http://shr.bearstech.com/README is appropriate:

1) Git repo site
2) Git repo URL
3) Git repo branch
4) DISTRO setting (assume openmoko, but please confirm)
5) MACHINE setting (assume om-gta02, but please confirm)
6) whether moko-autorev and/or fso-autorev is included
7) The OS on which the image and updates are built
8) The set of host OS packages installed on the machine on which the
image and updates are built.

-- Rod