GsmBluetooth state file for gta02

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sun Aug 31 02:04:45 CEST 2008

Jim Morris wrote:
>> I am still trying to get a bluetooth headset to work with the GTA02.
>>
>> I found on the Wiki a pointer to this state file
>>
>> http://opensource.wolfsonmicro.com/~gg/neo1973/gsmbluetooth.state
>>
>> however it is gta01 specific, and around control 51, all the control numbers change as gta02 seems
>> to have an additional control there.
>>
>> So I am slowly going through all the controls from 51 onwards and trying to see what changed between
>> gta01 and gta02.
>>

> By going through line by line I see the differences that the old gta01 state files had between bt
> and headset states, so fixing them up in a newer gta02 state file was ok until gta01 control 87
> upwards. None of these controls appear in a gta02 state file, so there seems to be no equivalent
> settings. Especially control 90, which seems pretty important for bluetooth but has no equivalent in
> the gt02 state file.

One thing that may help, is if someone could provide a mapping of the wolfson registers as
documented in the WM8753L pdf to the alsa controls. Someone had to have written the code that
twiddles the registers in that chip, and would know which also control matches which register.

I looked at the obvious choice which would be a 1:1 mapping of also control number to register
number, but that doesn't match even closely.

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com