GsmBluetooth state file for gta02

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sun Aug 31 07:20:07 CEST 2008

Cesar Eduardo Barros wrote:
> Jim Morris escreveu:
>> One thing that may help, is if someone could provide a mapping of the
>> wolfson registers as documented in the WM8753L pdf to the alsa
>> controls. Someone had to have written the code that twiddles the
>> registers in that chip, and would know which also control matches
>> which register.
>
> That would be sound/soc/codecs/wm8753.c and
> sound/soc/s3c24xx/neo1973_gta02_wm8753.c on the kernel source code. Take
> a look:
>
> http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=blob;f=sound/soc/codecs/wm8753.c;hb=stable
>
> http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=blob;f=sound/soc/s3c24xx/neo1973_gta02_wm8753.c;hb=stable
>

> The mapping is there, you only have to find out how it's described.

Thanks for the pointers. Thats 2,000 lines of code that is about as clear as mud! (and I've written
audio drivers before).

There is no mention of Bluetooth in these drivers, and no indication how to switch into bluetooth mode.

Obviously gta01 was very different, and it is not even clear that the gsmbluetooth.state even worked
on a gta01, at least I've never seen any gta01 user claim they had it working.

I really don't see how we are supposed to figure this stuff out, without any help from Openmoko.
This is a core piece of functionality for a GSM phone guys! Especially in a state where handsfree
devices are required whilst driving.

I would appreciate a little help from Openmoko to provide a working example of routing the audio
to/from a BT headset during a call. I think they may need some help from Wolfson to figure it out!

As I said there seem to be no equivalent functions in gta02's alsa settings to match the ones in
gta01 that were used to switch into BT mode.

Thanks

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com