prediction feature for the keyboard

Yorick Moko yorickmoko at
Sun Aug 31 22:07:40 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 9:56 PM, Charles Pax <charles.pax at> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Yorick Moko <yorickmoko at> wrote:
>> "click and hold" might enable clicking "through" the keyboard to the
>> underlying layer?
> I think click-and-hold is better suited to bring up a list of alternative
> characters associated with a key. For example, click-and-hold the U key to
> select from a list a U with an umlaut.
> -Charles

Personally I would use a layout based upon
this has an easy way to enter any key you want (like esc or ctrl+c, or
the arrows) and also has "capslock"
pressing and holding for additional characters will slow us down when
using the terminal for example...

anyway, this is just my opinion

there seems to be a lot of enthousiasm about it on IRC,
is someone planning to try and implement this?