Optimization team update (11/23 ~ 11/29)

Andreas Fischer cyberfrag at gmx.net
Mon Dec 1 17:31:37 CET 2008

Hi John, All,

Just upgraded from 2008.9. Things to mention:
- Boot time decreased. A lot! Thumbs up and a great "Thank you" for that :)
- Also, startup time for applications (dialer) seems to have decreased.
- As mentioned elsewhere, Enlightenment configuration was reset to not
show the spanner and as the settings utility is unusable and the phone
tends to suspend after 31 seconds, it is pretty unusable until one
switches Enlightenment themes according to
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Keyboard_Toggle (bottom of the page).
- Even after disabling suspend I am having problems. In particular I am
now experiencing WSoD even after screen blank (probably bug #2115:
https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2115 ). I suppose I need to
disable screen blank too for now?

Nevertheless, even though there are problems it's good to see progress.
Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Andreas