SHR applications on Debian

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Mon Dec 1 21:33:59 CET 2008

Hi,

Am Montag, den 01.12.2008, 21:24 +0100 schrieb Jelle De Loecker:
> I'm not requesting any packages of the SHR applications for debian, I
> want to make them myself. (The applications, not the packages)
>
> I thought I'd just follow the build instructions on SHR's trac, but I'm
> not sure if that's the way to go.
>
> It talks more about building an image on a desktop instead of
> applications on a freerunner.
>
> So, is there another way, or are the build instructions correct?

the Debian way of building something is always “on” the machine (so
either the FreeRunner, or an armel qemu image which might be faster).
There, you can just build the SHR apps using the regular
$ ./configure && make && make install
step.

I have started to package SHR for Debian, but it misses some
enlightenmen libraries that will be packaged by the pkg-e team
eventually, but just hasn’t been done yet.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner