SD boot freeze, hang at boot time, why ?

Maelvon HAWK maelvon.hawk at laposte.net
Tue Dec 2 01:13:15 CET 2008

Marian Flor a écrit :
> Am Montag, den 01.12.2008, 03:15 +0100 schrieb Maelvon HAWK:
>
>> Testing the Marian solution, I've modified the NAND boot, added the
>> "sleep 2;" but on NAND boot it say now :
>> <boot>
>> Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
>> ** Bad ext2 partition or disk - mmc 1:1 **
>> Wrong image format for bootm command
>> ERROR: can't get kernel image!
>> </boot>
>
> Hi Maelvon,
>
> from a distance I would guess the filesystem on your first partition
> (/dev/mmcblk0p1) is vfat and not ext2.
>
> Have a close look at the configure-uboot.sh, check the line with
> rootfstype=... from the first entry (after bootcmd=...).
>
> It should read (change it to): rootfstype=vfat
>
> hackable1.org requires a fat partition for the first partition.
> Debian on FR in contrast has discontinued booting from fat [1].
>
> As the configure-uboot.sh was written for Debian on FR [2] the script
> does not honor vfat boot partitions. See [1] for discussion (follow the
> links to the Debian issue tracker and the smartphone-userland ML).
>
> regards,
> Marian
>
> [1]
> http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-fso/files.git;a=commitdiff;h=6b1a3a1e217859ec9eb7ddf4d0ccdfe73275572a
> [2] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianOnFreeRunner

Thanks Mariam,

You put me on the right way, I've forgot to change the "ext2load mmc"
to "fatload" with the "rootfstype=vfat". So now it works with vfat.

But I've now a :
'''
kernel panic -not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on
unknow-block(179,2)
'''

So with NOR, I've a :
'''
s3c2410_udc:debufs dir creation failed
'''
But Hackable:1 boot, and with NAND in vfat, I've a "kernel panic"

If I've put a vfat as rootfstype in NAND, what's the difference with the
original NOR u-boot ?

I'm a bit lost :-)

'''
>  diff ./configure-uboot-FAT.sh ./configure-uboot-EXT2.sh
> 38c38
> <     rootfstype=vfat root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootdelay=5;
> ---
>>     rootfstype=ext2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootdelay=5;
> 41c41
> <   fatload mmc 1 0x32000000 ${sd_image_name};
> ---
>>   ext2load mmc 1 0x32000000 ${sd_image_name};
'''

Maelvon