First impressions on new Android rootfs

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 15:02:20 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 14:27, Gothnet <openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net> wrote:

> Improvements since the first release are evident, the graphics are now pretty
> glitch free where they used to occasionally flicker.
>
> However, since the last image I flashed, bluetooth has stopped working, I
> now just get a message saying "Unable to turn on Bluetooth".
>
> Wifi claims to turn on but fails to scan. Can't remember if this is better
> or worse than before.
> No keyboard, will attempt to find a way to install the one mentioned here:
>
> http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td1583918
>
> Err... does anyone know if suspend/resume works yet?

- suspend/resume is known not work yet (at least not reliably).

- indeed bluetooth does not work anymore, but I guess it is because of
the newest kernel. I did not try it again with previous kernel though.
(anyway before I could scan/pair bluetooth but I could not do anything
more with it -file transfer, ...-).
- wifi still does not work. It is acknowledged by Sean and he is
investigating on this.
- with latest kernel, for exemple, backlight brightness is not managed
anymore. (because of some kernel changes). I tried Sean's modification
:
("You'll need to change /system/build.prop:
backlight.lcd=/sys/class/backlight/gta02-bl    ").
But I did not manage to get it work yet.

- Also Sean is working on integrating the software keyboard from Rui Castro .

For now, most wanted for me is a keyboard, and internet connectivity
(90% off android applications need internet access !).
Wifi does not work, GPRS either (for me at least), and I did not
manage to have internet access via USB  (though I have read this may
work ? Success anyone ?).