First impressions on new Android rootfs

Gothnet openmoko at
Tue Dec 2 15:59:41 CET 2008

Cédric Berger wrote:
> For now, most wanted for me is a keyboard, and internet connectivity
> (90% off android applications need internet access !).
> Wifi does not work, GPRS either (for me at least), and I did not
> manage to have internet access via USB  (though I have read this may
> work ? Success anyone ?).

Can't quite get there, I have a missing link. I can get into a shell on the
freerunner and see the ifconfig info for usb0 -

usb0: ip mask flags [up broadcast running

And ping the notebook on Adding a route with -

route add default gw dev usb0

Once that's done I can ping the public IP address of the notebook as well. I
think there's some sort of firewall stuff on this machine (work laptop)
that's preventing me from forwarding packets, but the main problem I have is
that there's no /etc/resolv.conf so I'm not sure how to add DNS info. I
could add the file and try that I s'pose.

Also the command line ssh (dropbear client) chokes because it can't get
random data.