First impressions on new Android rootfs

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at
Tue Dec 2 16:59:02 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 16:38, Gothnet <openmoko at> wrote:
> Please forgive me for replying to so many of my own emails...
> Apparently the answer is "setprop net.usb0.dns1 $IP_ADDRESS"
> Though I haven't made it do anything because the browser won't start,
> there's no keypad to enter mail settings and the only command line tool I
> can find (ping) doesn't seem to get the setting. Guess I need a keyboard.
> --

the browser crashes because of Gears (not ported -and not open source-).
I had to remove it on the sdcard :
Then the browser can start.

Maybe you can type mail settings via the copy/paste keyboard : ( apk
on )

Another way to edit settings without keyboard is to configure apps in
emulator, then copy settings files (under /data/data/xxxxxx/ ) via adb
from emulator to neo