[latest 2008.9] USB issues?

Tony Berth tonyberth at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 2 19:57:18 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Brock <awwaiid at thelackthereof.org> wrote:

> You must add g_ether to /etc/modules to get the module to load on
> boot.
>

> On 2008.12.02.18.34, Tony Berth wrote:
> | Dear list,
> |
> | I just installed the latest 2008.9 kernel and jffs2 and when I connect to
> | debian 4 box it doesn't get listed as a USB device. As a result, I can't
> | establish USB networking. Am I doing something wrong here?
> |
> | Thanks
> |
> | Tony

is that the solution and how can I add that module?

In the meantime I did the following:

I re-installed the previous kernel (Om2008.9-gta02-20080916.uImage.bin) and
I  was able to establish USB networking. Does this mean that the
current/latest kernel is rather 'dodgy'? Am I the only one experiencing that
problem?

Thanks

Tony