Optimization team update (11/23 ~ 11/29)

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Tue Dec 2 21:42:40 CET 2008

|> Apologies in advance for what may be a dumb question - but does this
|> statement represent the conclusion of your team's work on audio issues
|> (buzz/echo/hiss etc.)?  Or is there further work ongoing?

"buzz / echo / hiss"... no software change can fix buzz.  It's baked
into the hardware and you will have to do fairly extreme meddling with
your soldering iron to impact it.

"Echo" reacts to some tweaking in alsa and maybe Calypso firmware option
selection, I guess this turn up in rootfs images as best it can.

"Hiss and Etc" I didn't hear about, but I don't think kernel or hardware
world can cover for any of it on existing device.  Only button to push
in userspace world is optimization of echo I think we find, unless
"hiss" is somethng like bad channel selection in alsa world.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)