SD boot freeze, hang at boot time, why ?

Marian Flor deichkind.08 at schweiz.eu
Tue Dec 2 22:23:50 CET 2008

Am Dienstag, den 02.12.2008, 01:13 +0100 schrieb Maelvon HAWK:

> You put me on the right way, I've forgot to change the "ext2load mmc"
> to "fatload" with the "rootfstype=vfat". So now it works with vfat.

I guess I was wrong. It should be 'rootfstype=ext2' and 'fatload mmc 1
0x32000000' in the NAND boot menu. But better you crosscheck on your own
with your device (see below).

Here is how to figure out what may cause the trouble at your site:

To see the differences between the NOR and NAND boot-entries first power
on the FR once with the combination "AUX then PWR" (NOR-Boot).

Connect the usb-cable with your Desktop-PC and connect to the FR with
your favorite terminal program [1].

Type "printenv" in the terminal.

Write down (copy/paste ;-) ) the values for menu_1=...

Power down the FR (type "neo1973 power-off" in the terminal).

Start it again with "PWR then AUX" to bring the NAND bootloader up.

Connect with your favorite terminal program (i prefer minicom), type
printenv again and compare/adjust the values you wrote down from NOR.

good luck,
Marian

[1]
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/MacOS_X#Connecting_a_Mac_and_an_Openmoko_device