Optimization team update (11/23 ~ 11/29)

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 3 09:50:50 CET 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 19:50 +0800, John Lee wrote:
> Dear Community,
>
> As Sushama (our new testing team member) indicated in
> http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/devel/2008-November/003493.html ,
> we won't have a release in Nov.  Currently the testing team is going

Ive been using this for a couple of days now and have some more items:

SMS messages are still being held up.  If the phone is suspended, it
will wake but never indicate an SMS has been received.  They only show
up when rebooting the phone, or mostly on restarting the xserver.  There
are a few bugs on this like 1766, but thats not exactly the same and was
supposed to be fixed in testing - would this fix come in as part of the
upgrade?

The wifi icon is still dodgy - comes on when wifi started, never stops
when wifi is stopped.

The GSM icon stays at one bar (or is it a "!"), never moves, even
before/after registration.

Other than the last, I though these issues were solved in testing, so
they might be upgrade issues.

BillK