[OM2008.x] praise for the new testing image

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 3 12:00:29 CET 2008

Can you confirm that you can receive an SMS after being *suspended* for
~10 minutes or so?  For me the phone comes out of suspend, but I have to
reboot (or restart X) to get at the message, and twice the phone (not X)
crashed after I accessed a message.

Looking for confirmation I am not the only one seeing this with the
update ...

I got rasters keyboard - in fact I cant get rid of the bloody thing! - I
would like to just have terminal and none of the others as they keep
changing back and forward halfway through typing messages :)

Billk

On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 10:43 +0000, Vasco Névoa wrote:
> I've followed the "community update" tip and upgraded from OM2008.8
> "stable" to "testing". After a little havoc caused by the previously
> installed gsm0710muxd, I finally got it to work on the GTA02v5.
> I've only had it for a day now, but already I am very pleased with the
> results!
> Reduced boot time, volume control during calls, and apparently a very
> well optimized energy consumption (still evaluating that).
> "Jolly good show, lads"!! :D
> Keep hacking that kernel, you're definitely in the right track now. ;)
> I can't wait for WiFi to get on track... :)
>
> My only gripe is the absence of Raster's keyboard, that I haven't been
> able to recover after the update... what's the magic there?
>
> Happy Hacking,
>
> Vasco.

Home in Perth!