[OM2008.x] praise for the new testing image

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 3 13:22:12 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 11:53 +0000, Vasco Névoa wrote:
> Citando William Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au>:
> > Can you confirm that you can receive an SMS after being *suspended* for
> > ~10 minutes or so?  For me the phone comes out of suspend, but I have to
> > reboot (or restart X) to get at the message, and twice the phone (not X)
> > crashed after I accessed a message.
> > Looking for confirmation I am not the only one seeing this with the
> > update ...
>
> No problem so far over here, sorry!... I just got a couple of messages
> a few minutes ago, and it was definitely sleeping...
> Make sure your home files (if they are on card) that are acessed by
> QPE are not a problem.
> Search in logread for any binary compatibility qtopia problems; I
> remember there are some "registry" files that qtopia keeps that maybe
> out of synch with the real libs installed...
> Something that happened to me was that QPE was exiting because some
> file-indexing thread was dying... it works fine now that I disabled
> sd-card (home) indexing in
> /opt/Qtopia/etc/default/Trolltech/Storage.conf.
>
> > I got rasters keyboard - in fact I cant get rid of the bloody thing! - I
> > would like to just have terminal and none of the others as they keep
> > changing back and forward halfway through typing messages :)
> You're right, it is a PITA. Do you have QTOPIA_NO_VIRTUAL_KEYBOARD=1
> inside /etc/X11/Xsession.d/89qtopia ?
>
> Happy Hacking!

Yes, SD card indexing is off.  The only distro that worked was 2007.2 -
all the later ones wont receive SMS while suspended.  I also used to get
registering/PIN problems until I flashed moko10b2 into the GSM, so
probably more issues there (vodafone 128K SIM).  There are some fixed
bugs with almost, but not quite the same symptoms (voice calls are fine
for me, they were affected by the bugs too) - - so my thought is that
maybe the upgrade didnt cover the fixes.

And also yes, I have modified 89qtopia - but it doesn't seem to have
much of an effect :(

BillK